Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rough Night for Mom and baby

Kaidence needs to feel close to Nicole. She insists on lying naked on Nicole's chest and wants to feed hourly. Nicole held up during the night fairly well but was tearful by 8am this morning. She's going through the typical first-mom jitters, fearing she doesn't know how to make the baby happy, isn't producing enough milk, doesn't know what to do to soothe her, etc. I took the baby for a while to give her a break. That made Nicole feel worse, as she began to cry and complain that the baby quiets for me but does nothing but eat and cry for her. I explained that she is tired, frustrated and stressed. And the baby picks up on that....feels her momma's emotions.

The baby has her first pediatrician appointment this morning. After that, I'll see if I can get baby and Mom settled down for the afternoon. I'll try to post more pics this evening after dinner. Until then, I'm off to play with a little angel :)

No comments: